lxr.ARCfallback is an add-on to lxr.NEA that participates to EMCS cores services. When the National EMCS is unavailable for any reason, the traders are allowed to use the fallback procedure. This procedure allows to send goods with a printed Administrative Document, provided that the declaration will be encoded in the NEA at a later time. In order to do so, the National Authority has to provide the trader with a fallback eAD Registration Code (ARC).
To simplify this procedure, lxr.ArcFallback generates such ARCs and synchronises them with lxr.NEA.
The process is as follows:
1) The trader contacts the eCustoms Helpdesk and gives them the local reference number that they will use. The Helpdesk Officer encodes this reference in the lxr.ArcFallback desktop application.
2) The desktop application generates a fallback ARC and displays it to the Helpdesk Officer
3) At the same time, the desktop application stores the fallback ARC and the corresponding Local Registration Number (LRN) on the lxr.ArcFallback server.
4) The Helpdesk Officer communicates the fallback ARC to the trader
5) The trader uses this number in his Aministrative Document
6) When lxr.NEA is available again, the trader encodes his declaration
7) lxr.NEA checks the LRN against the lxr.ArcFallback server
8) If this LRN is known, the lxr.ArcFallback sends back the corresponding fallback ARC.
9) lxr.NEA creates the declaration using this ARC instead of generating a new one.